Foundation Portfolio - Brief
For my Foundation Portfolio I will be producing the opening sequence for an imaginary feature film from a genre of my choice. The opening sequence will last approximately two minutes and will include titles.
I have found a useful website for film titles and credits called Art of the Title which I will be using in the future to analyse credits and titles ahead of making my opening sequence.
To help me understand the conventions of an opening sequence, I will be researching existing opening scenes from a variety of genres to help me get an understanding of the purposes of opening sequences, before narrowing my research down to opening sequences from my chosen genre. I will then start planning shots and mise-en-scene before I make my own opening sequence, with all my work recorded here on this blog.
Here are some examples of my favourite opening sequences.

Comments
Post a Comment