Choosing My Film Title - 'When Duty Calls'
After narrowing my possible titles down to ten potentials, I decided to conduct a focus group with my classmates to find out which one they thought would work with the narrative of my film and my chosen genre. After outlining my brief narrative to my classmates and highlighting what will happen in my opening sequence, I asked them to give each title a mark out of 10, with 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest.
Below are the average scores for each film title which I have put into a bar chart.
Having done this research, it is clear that the overwhelming favourite was for the title 'When Duty Calls', which I believe it is a powerful title which catches the basic idea of the film well, whilst creating mystery for the audience.
Additionally, it is punchy and memorable like other action film titles, creating a sense of a character being forced back into action because he knows that it is morally the correct thing to do. It also has connotations of war and conflict, but also honour and a sense that sometimes you must return to your past.



Comments
Post a Comment